Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change my IP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 charlie007

charlie007

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hi all, could someone please help me, i am on a network (D-Link Router) i wish to change my IP address (i have tried all the CMD commands ie: iprelease and then going to LAN to amend properties etc) but to no avail... please could some one help... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Assuming you are using dynamic ip assignment (DHCP) from your router, you have a couple of options.
1. Try the CMD's ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew (these both must be done, in that order). You still might get the same ip address however.
or
2. Change the routers ip address pool so that there is room on your subnet for a fixed ip - then adjust the connection properties on your pc to used a fixed ip (on same subnet, but outside of the pool)

But to really be able to answer you question you'll need to explain why you want to change it - for example are you having ip conflict issues?

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#3 Konstantin

Konstantin

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

if you need to change your local IP (smth like 192.168.1.1. or 127.0.0.1 etc), right-click the connection icon, go to Properties -> General -> Internet Protocol(TCP\IP)

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

right-click the connection icon, go to Properties -> General -> Internet Protocol(TCP\IP)

And then....??? Is it going to magically fix itself?

Perhaps the proper question would be this: Do you want to change your internal network IP, or do you want to change the IP coming into the network? If you are trying to change the IP coming into the network, ipconfig /renew will not work. Nor will manually changing the network properties. So until I am a bit more clear on which IP address you want to change, I can't be much more helpful.

#5 charlie007

charlie007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

I am being blocked by a few websites etc. all i want to do is change the IP i am on a Dynamic DHCP but once i go to IP release etc. it renews itself back to the original.... plz advise.

#6 Konstantin

Konstantin

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:24 AM

I am being blocked by a few websites etc.

Then you need proxy server or TOR or something like that...

#7 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

I am being blocked by a few websites etc. all i want to do is change the IP

Why did they block you? charlie007.

#8 diesel22

diesel22

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

I admin'd a large aquarium forum. My guess as to why he was blocked is maybe he made some bad choices posting and was banned?

Even if you were to use a proxy and get into the desired board or website again, you may not see the familiar formatting of the pages that you were used to

#9 Ziw

Ziw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

If your ISP does not use an static IP, like a PAT pool, you could try to restart your D-Link.

#10 charlie007

charlie007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

thnks everyone for your replies, i have now resolved the issue with your help thanks again (for mental note watch your Ps & Qs i was banned after a few choice words was said on a forum... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users