Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I Have A Virus? Ran A "Card.EXE" Virus By Accident...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glenbelt

glenbelt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hi,

Stupidly the other day I ran a file that was e-mailed to me, think it was called card.exe or ecard.exe, the file was a supposed ecard that someone had sent. I have the URL of the website which contained the file, if that is of importance.
Anyway I searched for the filename and apparently its some kind of trojan. I've run Spyboy Search & Destroy and AdAware and also AVG Anti Virus scan but can't seem to find anything. Is there any other way of checking to see that the computer is okay?

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ItWouldRuin

ItWouldRuin

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:56 AM

I think that you may be infected with the Yodi virus. It's a mass-mailing worm.

Was "You’ve received A Hallmark E-Card!" the subject? Just wondering.

Edited by ItWouldRuin, 11 January 2009 - 09:02 AM.

#3 glenbelt

glenbelt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:42 AM

Hi sorry about the delay responding, I think that was the subject although the email has been deleted so I can't actually check :thumbsup:

Any idea what I can do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users