Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music while on Internet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

Mostly all the time when I'm on the Internet, the curser turns into a box with a "X" in it, then a song on my computer plays once, the same song everytime, how do I fix this?
You will not like me if I'm angry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fremder

Fremder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

Can any one answer my question?

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:46 PM

I have no idea. Maybe someone could help if you gave a bit more info?

By "curser" are you talking about your mouse pointer? What does the X symbol mean in your system - look in the Control Panel for mouse pointers. Is the song on your system or is it downloading? Are you using any P2P software for music sharing? Have you done all the standard security scans, particularly anti-spyware? Are you running a firewall?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 Fremder

Fremder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:14 PM

Yes, I'm talking about my mouse pointer. The Curser turns into (I try to describe as best I can) maybe 1 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch high little picture of a website browser with some website can't tell. When the picture appears it has the website or whatever it is in the background and another browser/picture (maybe 6/10 covering the big picture) smaller in the the picture. The smaller browser/picture whatever, has a big "X" in it. Everytime this happens the song plays. No, the song didn't come from a P2P network I think, the song is from Matrix Revolution. I got the song from Antlion Troopers, it is a Half-Life 2 mod. I know where the song is located in My Computer. I have Spybot - Search and Destroy,
Norton Anti-Virus, Yahoo's Anti-Spy, and Microsofts Service Pack 2 so I should have a firewall.

I just found something very interesting, when I clicked SpelChek, the box appeared again and played the song. When I clicked on it again the song played again. Does the SpelChek make a pop-up I don't remember, maybe thats what causing it, Pop-Ups.

Edited by Fremder, 25 May 2005 - 04:38 PM.

#5 Fremder

Fremder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

I deleted the song from the Half-Life 2 Mod Antlion Troopers, it stopped the song from playing when I clicked on a pop-up site, like the SpelChek button, but that only stopped the song from playing, my next problem is no matter what I do I can't open the website. I can't even open websites that pops up. The box with the "X" appears again so I suppose some kind pop-up blocker is doing this, but I only have 2. I have Yahoos' pop-up blocker and Microsofts pop-up blocker, unless somehow another one got installed I don't know why it's doing this and my Yahoos' pop-up blocker is off because I have Microsoft. This problem is making me angry and I do not like to be angry. :thumbsup: :flowers:

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, angry, angry! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

I think you should do some security checks, follow my standard instructions, you might also want to add A-squared to the list:

Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software because you should only have one running on your system.

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users