Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD Ripping + CD Print

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yunalesca

Yunalesca

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:11 AM

K my STUPID brother lost this chemistry text book CD... and the teacher wants his to pay $120 (WTF!!!) 'cause they can't get the CD without a book... so me being me decided to borrow the CD from someone else at school.... I scanned the top (CD Print) and I wanna burn it.... now two things: How to I remove the material on the CD (Rip it I guess it's called) and what program do I use afterwards to burn it... also how do I create a CD print... anywayz this is what's on the CD (see extensions)

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:41 AM

Dvd shrink will rip the cd for you (for future reference} allow you to edit it, and save it or print it with their software.I usually use CD Burner XP Pro for burning. It is really a good program. Both are free from www.majorgeeks.com.You do have a drive?

Edited by gunner, 22 May 2005 - 10:43 AM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 Yunalesca

Yunalesca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:08 PM

I tried using Dvd shrink but I got this error

Posted Image

As for CD Burner XP Pro... I have no clue how to use it oO

#4 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:54 PM

OK, now we know the format (I think) Open xppro and open the file you want. at the lower right click add. lower left click burn. Also when you first open the program click data cd/dvd.BTW, you did click open disc in dvd shrink? It appears from the error you tried to open a file that you have not yet created.

Edited by gunner, 22 May 2005 - 01:59 PM.

#5 Yunalesca

Yunalesca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

yeah I clicked on open file.. now here's what's confusing me... I'm trying to rip a CD... but I have to burn it on a CD... so I have no clue what to do... when I added the files.... and then took out to cd to burn the files on the other cd it said some error or something....

Posted Image

#6 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

Not much info to go on there.You must first rip it and save it to your HD with DVD shrink, and then burn it from that file with the cd burner. 2 distinct operations.If that is a screenshot of your E drive, the files are there. Open cdburner, add the files, and burn them.

Edited by gunner, 23 May 2005 - 10:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users