Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Garrettwademan

Garrettwademan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:50 AM

Hello. I just wanted to thank your website, and your admins for guiding me in the right direction for removing maybe the worst backdoor trojan I have ever seen. The virus that got me was called "backdoor.Tidserv!inf". I recently bought Norton 360 two days ago, and let me say this destroyed Norton 360, and seriously destroyed my computer. I couldn't run exe files that had to do with fixing my problem. After calling Norton, they were of no use. I was able to jump on my backup machine and searched for this threat name, and your site came up. After browsing your forums, I found your Malware software removal tool and downloaded it.

At first your software didn't run, it was like the threat I had stopped it from executing. I had to change your WBAM.EXE file name to BAM.EXE and then it ran. After I ran it, it wouldn't allow me to update it, so I ran what I had and it found 36 threats. It seems I had more trojans and worms on my pc than I though. After the initial scan, it was able to remove the threats that Norton could not. It removed all but 4, and then asked me to restart. After restart, I was able to change the EXE file back to WBAM.EXE and it ran just great. I was able to get the updates just fine, and now I am running my second scan....and so far I see 7 more threats.

My computer is now usable now, and many of my files were saved because of your software. I won't need to reformat my machine thanks to you guys. I wanted to post this because I wanted to tell you how extremely happy I am to actually have things working again like normal. I am going to recommend this software to anyone that has issues like I did.

Thanks again!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

Welcome to BC, Garrettwademan. Thank you for your positive feedback.
We look forward to your participation here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users