Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer crashes every 5 seconds

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FadingEvil

FadingEvil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

Alright, this has really been bothering me now. A few hours ago, I managed to get some kind of virus (I'm pretty sure, anyways), how, I don't know. I think it was this one web page I clicked on. Anyways, now, every...probably about 5 seconds, Windows Explorer crashes. I've tried everything. I ran Avast and scanned my whole system in Safe Mode, with no luck. I tried SpyEraser, since it was the only other thing I had for virus protection, and still had no luck. I tried googling my problem, but no luck, again. I ran HijackThis, but after checking through everything, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary or suspicious. Oh, and I'm on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with SP2 installed. What I'm wondering is, do I actually have a virus, if so, what is it, and how can I get rid of it, or is this problem related to something else?

EDIT: Never mind. I installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and after a full scan and a reboot, it did the trick. Could a moderator delete this, since the problem was solved?

Edited by FadingEvil, 11 January 2009 - 02:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users