Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Success With Your Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RayS

RayS

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 2,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

Hello All,

I am registering with Bleeping Computer because the info I received as a guest about removing the Antivirus 2009 trojan worked very well in removing that malware from my daughter's PC. She is running WinXP Pro SP3. I also removed tons of spyware, tracking cookies, and temporary files using a variety of utilities such as Cleanup!, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search & Destroy, AVG Free, etc.

She still has the Zango spyware on her PC. Google shows lots of Zango removal tools, but I am leery about fake tools that could make the problem worse. Please tell me if the "Spyware and Malware Removal Guides and Reading Room" forum is the correct place to post my request for a non-harmful Zango removal tool. I am asking because it appears that forum has restrictions about who may post.

If the "Spyware and Malware Removal Guides and Reading Room" is not the correct forum for my kind of request, please direct me to the correct forum.

Thank you for the help,

RayS

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

Post here please http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ with your problems.

But first read http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41987/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Thereafter you will get other directions.

Welcome to the BC!
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:50 AM

Hello, RayS.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 RayS

RayS
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 2,280 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

Post here please http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ with your problems.

But first read http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41987/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Thereafter you will get other directions.

Welcome to the BC!

Hello, RayS.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.

Hi KoanYore and tg1911,

Thank you for your quick replies.

RasS

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users