Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to auto lock XP after startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 namo

namo

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

I have windows XP Home SP3. IS there a program or method to lock the computer after the start up. you have use password to use the computer but after all start up programs started

what I want in other work equivalent to {start up without password and then automatic switch user or automatic win + L} but this time you need to enter a password to log in again.

I have "TweakUI for Windows XP" or "Powertoys for Windows XP", this take care of login without entering the password but computer still have to manually lock the computer or stay idle at least 1 min before it is locked

However, I want the computer to be locked immediately after start up and the startup programs load in the background.

Edited by namo, 11 January 2009 - 01:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

Probably you would like to read this.

#3 namo

namo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

I have alrealy found a simple solution, the same as in the link.

thank you any way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users