Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing program problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 monika

monika

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:47 AM

Hello there...

I have just bought a new garden program PC CD-ROM...put it in my computer and anytime I clicked to open it and wanted to start the installation a window pops up saying: C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32AUTOEXEC.NT cannot be open in MS - DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
On the PC CD-ROM box the system requirements are: win 95 or higher..I asked in the shop and they told me it should work with windows xp, which is what i have...please help me...i am desperate to use this program...thank you...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:30 AM

If you load the CDROM and just wait, without clicking on anything, does windows ask you how to play/open the CD? If so select "Open to view Folders" (or similar) and look for a file called 'setup' or 'install'. If you find this double click it and it should run the program installer.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:36 AM

Hello,

i tried that already, but still the same windows keeps poping up, saying it can't open this program in MS-DOS or Microsoft windows.
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:52 AM

Hi monika. That problem can be caused by a missing or corrupted autoexec.nt file. Please download xp_fix.exe and run the program. It will check for your command system and repair/replace any faulty components.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

Edit: Removed post as OldTimer has probably nailed it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 22 May 2005 - 09:02 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

hello there,

i have already tried that, bu that doesnt work either. Still the same window pops up, saying C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32AUTOEXEC.NT cannot be open in MS - DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

I really do not know what to do...

#7 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:22 AM

hello,

I got the massage from OT, installed and ran the programme recommendd...and it is working now...thanks ever so much..

seems like these messages are a bit bust...thank again...youa re angels...

Monika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users