Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KaotiK

KaotiK

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hello, Im new and been having mutiple problems. I found combofix and maybe If i can send a log file from it if someone could tell me if I should run it or not, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Over50

Over50

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hello, Im new and been having mutiple problems. I found combofix and maybe If i can send a log file from it if someone could tell me if I should run it or not, thanks

Kinda' difficult to offer much help without knowing your system specs and a description of your "multiple problems".. :thumbsup:

Edited by Over50, 10 January 2009 - 11:20 PM.

CM Cosmos S case, EVGA 750i SLI FTW, 860W PCPC PS,
E8400 w/Zalman 9700 cooler, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 216 Core SC, X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Sound Card
CH 568 USB Joystick, Pro Pedals and Yoke, Windows XP Home

#3 KaotiK

KaotiK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

Well, my computer has been running slow lately... I keep getting a, Generic host win32 has encountered a problem and will shut down. Also, my Windows Audio in the services.msc command keep getting disabled.

#4 ePost

ePost

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

What anti-malware programs have you run? Scanning with these 2 freeware programs, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware, is a very good idea. Go for a full scan in both programs - download them, update them and run them one by one:

Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
SUPERAntiSpyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

When posting your problem, do not run and post a ComboFix logs. ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer. Any posts containing CF Logs will be ignored.

To receive help, you should instead provide a detailed description of your problem, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, screenshots of strange behaviour, and your operating system. This information is much more useful to our helpers than a ComboFix log.

Please note the message text in blue at the top of the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

ComboFix It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when
instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained in the use of the program.
ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance
and supervision of an expert
", NOT for private use.
Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.. Using this tool incorrectly could
lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing
it from ever starting again.

If you are having malware issues, your post will be moved to AM I INFECTED?. Over50 is correct-we need to know the nature of the problems in order to help you with them.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 10 January 2009 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users