Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MicroSD card

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PatR

PatR

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

I have a Voyager cell phone and do not know how to use my MicroSD card. I can put it in the designated slot and attach my phone to computer with cable, but don't know what to do then. I need some detailed instructions. Thanks for any help!

Edited by PatR, 10 January 2009 - 08:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

I have a Voyager cell phone and do not know how to use my MicroSD card.

What do you want to do? Detailed instructions for what?

If you took pictures, you can plug in the SD card into the USB port. It should be recognized as a drive and you can copy pics to your hard drive - just one example.

If you plug the phone in, then I suppose you want to synchronize address book or something like that?
When it's plugged in, does Windows recognize it? Do you need to install Voyager drivers? What is Voyager?

And how is all this related to Email and Web Browsing?

Edited by tos226, 10 January 2009 - 08:23 PM.

#3 PatR

PatR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Sorry, guess I am in the wrong category. I want to transfer pictures from my computer to my cell phone, which is an LG Voyager.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

Before you use the card for anything, you'll have to format it. Put the card into the phone, then refer to the user manual for instructions. If you don't have the manual, you can do a search for lg voyager user manual OR take it to a Verizon outlet and they can show you how to format it.

Hook your phone up to your computer, wait for the computer to recognize the device.
If you get the box asking what you want to do, choose Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer. Click OK.
(I don't hook my phone up to my computer, so I don't know if you will get the above dialog box. I use an adaptor which came with my card)
Look at the top to find out what drive letter is assigned to the card. Next find out the name of the folder assigned for pictures. On my card, it's my pix.
If you don't have the what do you want to do open, click on My Computer from your desktop or start menu. Look for removable drive with a letter next to it. Open the drive to find out if it is the one for the phone. You'll know if it is from the folder listings.

Go to the folder containing the pictures you want to put on the card. Highlight the pictures, then on the left side of the page under File and Folder Tasks click on COPY this file. A dialog box will open-click on the drive letter for the card, then highlight the pix folder. Click Copy. Your pictures will copy to the card.

You will then be able to view the pictures on your cell phone from your phones menu. If your phone has a Media setting, that is where they will probably be.

To add multiple photos at one time, hold down the ctrl key while highlighting the photos.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 10 January 2009 - 10:39 PM.

#5 PatR

PatR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:34 PM

I did everything that you said. I wanted to transfer only one picture to my cell phone and it did transfer. However, when I looked under My Pictures in the Media Center on the cell phone, instead of the picture there was what looked like a flower with an exclamation point in it. Do you know why the real picture didn't transfer? I am getting frustrated!

#6 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

What format was the picture you transferred? Is it compatable with your phone.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:40 AM

Unfortunately I don't know why you don't see the picture. I can totally understand your frustration.
Maybe someone else will be able to help you with this issue.

#8 PatR

PatR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

The picture I tried to send is in JPEG format.

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

I don't often do this, but we are not real strong with all of the cell phone gizmos. These people are:
http://www.howardforums.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#10 PatR

PatR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

Thanks. I'll try them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users