Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

disable the menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amanpc2000

amanpc2000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:01 AM

plz tell me how to disable the menu which appears on the search engine if you type the first letter. it shows the history you have visited from that particular letter

eg. in google if i type L it shows the history topics i have visited or typed the word starting from L...... i even cleared my history,cookies,offline contents but it does not go.....plz help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

Hello amanpc2000 and welcome to BC.

I hope you are using Internet Explorer. If so, you need to disable Autocomplete. To do so, in IE go to Tools>Internet Options>Content tab>Autocomplete and click Clear Forms and click OK, Ok. If you want to disable that feature just uncheck the box that says Forms.

Edited by Leurgy, 22 May 2005 - 09:30 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:28 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! amanpc2000.
Leurgy suggestion is just what you need to do to fix that little problem that seems to be bother you. :flowers:

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users