Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rlight

rlight

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:54 AM

I have had chronic sinus trouble for years. Doctor's have not been much help. Acute congestion has been the main problem. :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to promote drainage. Is there anything in the herb world that will help??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:18 PM

I have found the old boiling water trick can provide temp relief when i get back sinus infections.

Just saw that nasty nose flusher that appears in the ads...that does not look fun

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:33 AM

Hi rlight. For years I have been wondering about something. I get sinus trouble too. Once many years ago I went to the races.. car races. I didn't feel like going because I knew it would be loud and I didn't feel good but the hubby wanted to go.. so I did, By the end of the night I was glad. It seems that the loudness of the cars helped my sinuses drain. LOL I think someone should conduct a scientific experiment on the effect of sound waves and sinus drainage. LOL I know that doesn't help you.. unless there is a race track near you. But I feel for your suffering. I truly do. I have had trouble for years. :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:59 PM

hello. I would need to know more of the symotoms that you have. there are alot of things that could be the cause, so again, please be specific. what time of the year, fall,winter etc. what time of day. are you doing any activities that may trigger it. since this has been occuring for years be very specific. after your post if i need more info i will repost quickly. I believe i can help.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:04 PM

You a doc Bulldog?

#6 lulabelle

lulabelle

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:15 PM

My daughter gets very bad sinusitis everytime she has a cold. But recently we have managed to avoid the worst of it by keeping windows open and avoiding dry air caused by central heating/air conditionning. Humidifiers have helped. The last two times she has had infections we have avoided the antibiotics and relied on this. It has cleared each time.

Good luck.

#7 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

Just to commiserate..

Your sinuses are generally empty. On an MRI scan they appear as clear areas on the scan.

The guy in the cubicle next to me has always had sinus problems. He went in to get a MRI scan and ALL his sinuses show as dark - they are full. They gave him some heavy medication to try to clear them out but if that doesn't work he has to go in for rotor-rooting.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#8 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:06 PM

Grinler,

No, I'm not a doctor. I'm in the Commercial Building Buisness. We build alot of projects on diffrent Army posts, schools, Highways and or Bridges. To much to list really.

My brother is a FNP in Internal Medicine.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users