Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why the Crackling Noise?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arclight

Arclight

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Hello all, new to posting but have been checking out alot of your posts over the past few months, finally found something that I couldn't get an answer for so I'm hoping that I can get an answer here.

About 2 weeks ago I began to notice a crackling sound coming from my speakers, it began as a slight crackle and eventually increased in volume. Now the weird thing is that it doesn't make the sound when I'm listening to music, but does when I am playing most games and watch movies using windows media player. I've tested out two sets of speakers so far and both produce crackling when plugged into this system, but do not produce any feedback on my laptop when plugged in, I'm not sure whats going on but I would certainly appreciate any help!

My current system:
Windows XP Home
2.6ghz Amd Processor
Ati Radeon 9800 Pro
Creative SB Audigy 4 Pro
2gb Ram

If I left anything pertinent out let me know and I can add it. I thank you all in advance for any information you can give!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users