Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't upload photos to any website - browser crashes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 JackStands

JackStands

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

Hello BleepingComputer. A few days ago, I suddenly became unable to upload photos to any site (Wordpress, Twitter, Facebook). I hit browse, find the file, and then when I hit upload, any browser I'm using (Firefox, Chrome, IE) freezes up and I have to alt-ctrl-del to close it.

The first time I noticed this was when I tried to upload a .png file which I am now unable to delete (says it's in use even though I've closed all programs/restarted). I don't know if this is the cause of the problem, but it's "bleeping" frustrating. Any help would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

It sounds like you do not have javascript on.

Solutions:

Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox

In Google Chrome, find a menu where the submenu "Developer>" is located and mouseover it, then click "Debug Javascript."

#3 JackStands

JackStands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

It looks like Javascript was enabled in all of my browsers, I unchecked and checked again but still nothing :thumbsup:

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

Do you have the latest Windows XP service pack(Service Pack 3). Having the latest service pack for you Windows XP will solve some problems.

Checking the latest version: On the desktop or from the Start menu, right-click Computer or My Computer. From the menu that appears, select Properties, and you should see the version number along with other information about your computer.

If it does not read Service Pack 3, then go to Microsoft Windows Update and the update should appear. On the top of the page it should say Microsoft Update. If it does not, then on the right panel you will see a news article that say "Upgrade to Microsoft Update." Click that and install the latest Windows Update downloader. All of this may help. Keep letting me know your issues.

#5 JackStands

JackStands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

#6 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

You are welcome. Just to help, in the future make sure you have all the latest Windows updates. This will avoid problems such as this! :thumbsup:

#7 JackStands

JackStands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I'm getting a crazy amount of popups! I have my AVG scanning and I see a bunch of trojans. Assuming AVG doesn't fix this, what can I do?

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

That is a different issue, and I see you have posted about it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194067/crazy-popups/

I have shifted the topic to the Am I Infected forum where it can get the attention it deserves. To avoid confusion and because the original issue has been resolved, I am closing this topic.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users