Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer automatically restarts repeatedly when i turn it on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 feglk

feglk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:26 AM

Whenever i turn on my computer, it loads the desktop, then a few seconds after it has loaded, it automatically restarts

This happens in a repeated cycle

However, if i make it so the computer has a lot to load early on, such as clicking on firefox or media player a few times, it seems to load these programs, obviously very slowly, and then the computer does not restart itself. IS this something to do with the computer being too busy to "think" about restarting?

I searched the forums, and google, but none of the problems i found seemed to restart in the same circumstances, and they didnt say anything about loading programs early on

I have turned off "auto restart on system failiure", as this seems to be common in the restarting posts, but not tested what happens apon turning the computer on yet.
Also, if this is the problem, then i don't like the idea that my system is failing every time i turn it on.

Thank you for your time

x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Have you tried booting into safe mode, for comparative purposes?

If you can get into safe mode...have you tried using XP's system restore function?

Any recent program/hardware additions?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 10 January 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#3 feglk

feglk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

Hey!
thanks for the reply!

tried it out, works fine now

Thank you very much
x

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

You did the work :thumbsup:, happy computing.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users