Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed. please ensure that both the tuner hardware and a valid tuner hardware driver are instal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 gutwrench88

gutwrench88

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

THIS IS THE ERROR THAT I GET. ANY HELP CAN DEF. BE USED.

the tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed. please ensure that both the tuner hardware and a valid tuner hardware driver are installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

System manufacturer and model? If custom-built, motherboard manufacturer and model.

You have no sound?

Louis

#3 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

When do you get this error?
What program or event is triggered to cause this error to pop up for you?

#4 gutwrench88

gutwrench88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

up until about two week ago i had no problem. i could watch tv though my computer and everything. now, i can not watch tv anymore. i get this stupid error that drives me crazy. there is nothing wrong with the tuner card. place that in another computer and worked great. i don't know what is going on. i get into media center and i don't even see where i can click into tv anymore. i even rebooted my whole entire system and i am still getting this error.

#5 gutwrench88

gutwrench88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

i will get u the model number. its a window xp 2005 and my computer is hp (but i will get the model number for you when i get home).

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

Topic closed to avoid confusion. Question reposted again here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196965/xp-computer-problem-and-new-help/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users