Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OEM logo not coming; blue screen with black block; XP CD won't boot

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xp-sony

xp-sony

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

Infected with Virus - used malaware (MBAM) removal software and deleted the files. irql_not_less_or_equal (0x0000000A) error occurred. After that, can not boot from XP CD to recover or even sony OEM logo is not appearing.

I get 1 beep code and blue screen most of the screen and black screen some portion. (phenix BIOS)

Attempts to get to BIOS with F2/F3/F8 did not help. Reinserted memory DIMMs and cleaned up inside little, no progress.

(vaio desktop PCV-RZ44g - XP, sp3)

Not sure what to do next. Appreciate your help. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

If you are getting beep codes...something is seriously out of focus.

Have you looked the code up to see what it's trying to tell you?

Louis

#3 xp-sony

xp-sony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

1 beep means memory/mother board related. Checked them - that 9s why reseated memory, don't know what to check on mother board.

All started after removing infected files in C drive (XP media center SP3).

#4 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

I have seen MBAM cause blue screens but nothing that bad.
It usually means that it removed a file that is Dependant on the boot of the system (this is a good thing) that causes the bsod.

You cannot boot to any cd?
Have you tried the Avira Rescue CD? http://www.free-av.com/en/products/12/avir...cue_system.html
Try to boot to that and be sure you press space bar to select "attempt to repair bad files" and "english" (if you do not speak german)

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Have you tried running Memtest on the RAM?

MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/

Louis

#6 xp-sony

xp-sony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

Unable to boot from any CDROM - can not go to BIOS - Blue screen is coming right away.

That was not the case until malware removal MBAM was used to remove infected files.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

What does this blue screen reflect as data re the error?

You can remove the CMOS battery to try to set the CMOS settings to default, CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp . Better yet, just replace the battery...that may help, certainly won't hurt.

Louis

#8 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

A blue screen error is STRICTLY after Windows Begins to load. PERIOD.

A blue screen has nothing to do with the BIOS. Unless the bios itself has a blue screen error message. But a typical BSOD is actually a microsoft windows stop error. Meaning that a blue screen will never happen if windows has not began to load.

If it is a true bsod then the BIOS is successfully loading windows master boot record, and Windows itself actually crashes after the bios loads it.
So, in this case, the bsod is telling us that the bios is properly loading windows! That means that it can most likely properly load a cd. I bet you are not pressing the right buttons or not pressing them at the right time.

What is the make and model of your motherboard? Have you tried pressing del or F10/F11 to load the bios?

Since you are saying it cannot load a cd and "cannot get into bios" I would have to say it is user error since any possible issue caused by MBAM would be software related.

I bet the wrong key is being pressed to load the bios, try other key combinations.

#9 xp-sony

xp-sony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Solved: The issue was with monitor connector was loose. The blue screen with black block is actually not the typical windows blue screen error (such as IRQL ... which I saw once only). Sorry if i confused you with it.

Malwarebytes MBA really helped fix the issue with Virus. (frmwrk, ntdll and few more).

Internet issue fix was to reset Winsock ( netsh reset winsock from command line).

thanks for all suggestions and assistance.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I'll file that away under "loose monitor connection", happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

#11 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

not the typical windows blue screen error (such as IRQL ... which I saw once only). Sorry if i confused you with it.

oh, I see :thumbsup:

Glad you solved it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users