Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Importing Outlook Express into Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 polaris6

polaris6

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

My OS crashed this morning (a corrupted NTOS exe file), and I couldn't boot, so I tried to boot from the installation CD and wound up installing W2K Pro again. In the process, all my mail messages were erased/displaced. I actually have a copy of the .dbx files in another folder.

I have imported OE mail messages (dbx files) before, several times before when I changed systems and HDs and have done so successfully. However, on this day, I cannot seem to 'get it right'. Here is what I did:

I copied the dbx message files to a folder on the C-drive (mail mesages 0523105). I then opened OE and under File, clicked on Import, then messages, them OE6, then OE6 store directory, then Next....The process imported only 12 of the 42 folders I had on the list, and no matter what I did, it only imported mail from those folders and none others.

Is there anything I am doing wrong, or should do in addition to what I have already done? Is there another method for importing OE6 mail messages to another OE6 application?

Thanks

polaris6

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 polaris6

polaris6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

I have done some experimenting since I posted the first message.

I created several .dbx files from the list of dbx folders I have for the messages. It doesn't seem to matter which folders I include in the dbx files, the same identical 12 folders show up as mail folders to be imported....even if they are not included on the list I created.

Apparently, there is a default list of folders that has not changed, or does not change when I select the mail folders to be imported. I guess I need to find out where these are and change them.

Thanks.

polaris6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users