Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Download Manager causes win32/AgtentBypass.gen!K warning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trnn

trnn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

I few days ago I suddenly started getting win32/AgentBypass.gen!K warnings from Windows Defender logging in on Windows XP Professional after booting the system. It seemes to be tied to fumoei.exe and after deinstalling Free Download Manager (and also deleting any leftover Free Downloader Manager installation directories and files after the deinstallation) the warning from Windows Defender has gone away.

Seems like a Windows Defender definition update triggered this warning since I now can't find any problems on my PC after scanning it with various tools.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PeterMax

PeterMax

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Yep, I had identical problem (see post under HiJackThis log forum), and found same solution.

I only hope that I've really removed it, and not just removed the symptom that allowed WinDef to identify it!

PeterMax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users