Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail is loosing our messages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 8bobcat8

8bobcat8

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

We use Windows Mail that came with our Vista Premium OS. We also run Norton Internet Security. We have 4 separate accounts set up with 4 different email addresses.

Problem: With respect to only ONE account and upon opening the app, Mail will appear to download and scan messages as indicated by the lower right information space (bar?) on the Inbox window. Problem is, there will be no message(s) in the Inbox or any other "incoming" folders.

We do get messages but the count will be wrong. The lower right space may say five messages were received but we might only be able to find three. I've looked at settings in both Mail and Norton but nothing is obvious.

We therefore are not sure if in fact these "extra" messages were received and where they are. We may be missing important mail. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance,
BobCat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

check the 'Junk' or 'spam' folder in windows mail. WM incorporates a junk filter which often identifies messages as junk when they're not necessarily so.

#3 8bobcat8

8bobcat8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

check the 'Junk' or 'spam' folder in windows mail. WM incorporates a junk filter which often identifies messages as junk when they're not necessarily so.

That is the first thing I did. They were not there.

I went to my email account on my provider's email (the server email) and the messages were actually there! So, they have somehow disappeared on the way to my WM. I have more exploring to do. Luckily these were not important messages but nun-the-less it would be nice to know how to fix things.

Anybody... Any ideas?
BobCat

#4 Laffnmule's Lode

Laffnmule's Lode

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

My mother and I would also like to know what to do about evaporating emails, when we get web-mail through our ISP. They will be there, but once we have read them if we go back they are gone. The mail is nowhere to be found, not in any folder like spam or trash.

Because of this problem I have set up a second email account on yahoo, for myself.

I have IE6 on Windows ME. Mom, also, has IE6, but on Windows 98.
Laffnmule's Lode

eMachines EZ1601-01; Intel Atom processor N270, speed ?; 1 GB RAM DDR2; 160 GB HDD; Built-in Graphics; Linksys Wireless Router, DSL modem; Windows XP Home Edition with SP3; mostly Google Chrome 16.0.912.77m, also IE 8.0.6001.18702; Yahoo Mail; Microsoft Security Essentials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users