Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BitDefender Total Security

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kitagal55

kitagal55

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

If you had a chose between Avira Premium or BitDefender Total Security which one would you choose? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

Hi kitagal55.
I've never been a fan of the "all in one" packages.
If the two are respective of thier "anti-virus only" components, then I would probably choose BitDefender.
I've been testing five anti-virus products on a machine I have intentionaly infected with various viri ,worms,trojans and rootkits. Overall, BitDefender 2009 has done the best job of detecting and removal. It is also highly configurable, something that is a must for my requirements. Updates are also hourly.
In my non-professional tests, Avira finished 4th out of five.

#3 Nevi

Nevi

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

If you had a chose between Avira Premium or BitDefender Total Security which one would you choose? :thumbsup:

Avira.
Bitdfender is a good too,but personally I prefer Avira.Great protection.
Prevx 3.0 with Safeonline.Sandboxie,NAT router.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users