Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The A+ Exam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Elamdri

Elamdri

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:02 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this so if i did it in the wrong section, please move it.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I really want to get my A+ certification this year, and I recently got a few books to study. I was wondering if anyone has any advice they could give me about the test, as This will be my first time taking it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:01 PM

Hi Elamdri,

I would say study study study. If you can get your hands on a computer, walk through the things they tell you about in the books. I am a visual learner, so I have to see things as I learn them. :thumbsup: Try to find computers with different versions of Windows. Learn how to do things using the start menu, or shortcuts. There are also practice tests you can take that will show you your weak areas. In my case, those tests helped me a lot.

Read over the affect of static electricity and safety... you will see questions on those!

I think the hardest part for me was the different ways one can do things in windows.

As with all tests, get a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast and give it your best shot.

Good luck,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Elamdri

Elamdri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:28 AM

Could you point me in the direction of some of those practice tests? Hardware wise im not too bad, but i need to brush up on some older OS's. (plus i still could always refresh my hardware knowledge :thumbsup: )

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:50 AM

If you google on "free certification exam" you'll see a lot of references.

Here's a link to " Intelligentedu.com" to start you off.
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_cert...udy_guides.html

This site provides several other usable links/sites.

HTH
regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:30 PM

And here's a link to CompTIA's tests:

CompTIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users