Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32.banker.fs.trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 achildr1

achildr1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

Hey guys, i googled the above mentioned (title) virus. As you can guess, i have it on my other computer. I followed the steps to download and run combofix, and am currently waiting on the log (or whatever its called to show one of you guys. I am just looking for one of you guys to reply so i can figure this out. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 achildr1

achildr1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

the program restarted my computer. Now the finishing screen is up but two other program screens are frozen on top of it, one of the bein the norton antivirus screen asking if i want to allow combofix to do sumthing. Even though i shut down all virus protection before running combo fix. On top of that the option bar on norton is froze so i cant do anything about it. And because of the nature of the virus, i cant open my taskbar in ctrl alt delete.

#3 achildr1

achildr1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

ok so i can use the taskbar thing, and i closed those two programs. the combofix finishing screen is still up with the cursor deal blinking.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:47 AM

Hi achildr1, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

What you should do is post a topic in the Am I Infected forum describing the problem in detail. It often helps to know the make and model of your computer and which operating system you are using.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users