Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 premo127

premo127

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

I have a Windows 2002 Home Edition (old) and i have a Intel 82845G Graphics Controller which doesn't work for most of my games that i wanna play on it.. i dont know a ton about computers but i was lookin to buy a new video card.. i play mostly RTS games so i dont need a REALLY good 1.. i was looking to spend in the $60-80.. but i need to make sure it will be compatible with my PC.. plese help : ).. i want to play games such as Starcraft II wen it comes out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 premo127

premo127
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

i have a Windows XP 2002 home edition.. (old)... i have a Intel 82845G Graphics controller and it doesn't work for most of my games..so i wanna get a new 1 for a reasonable price $60-80...i play mostly RTS so i dont need a REALLY Good 1.. i dont know that much about computers so please help : )................. ( I also would like it to be able to play Starcraft II wen it comes out if that is possible on my computer) i think i jus have PCI slots (the white ones lol) srry i dont know alot about computers

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

This thread looks familiar.... like the one in the Internal Hardware section. Anyway, an $80 card is not going to be the best, but it will handle many older games. In order to provide suggestions, we need to know more about your PC. What is your PC's power supply and how many watts does it have? Are standard PCI slots the only ones your PC has?

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users