Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot view videos... argggggghhh.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 megsypu

megsypu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

I am using an Acer Aspire with OS Windows XP Home Edition 2002 SP3. I got on to the net via Firefox v3.0.5. and I could not view videos anywhere. I tried IE and the same thing happened. IE told me to download a new flash player... so I did. Nothing changed.

I downloaded the uninstaller, closed the browser before I installed, then installed. I restarted my computer and went back to the Adobe site to download the new flash player (10). Downloaded and closed browser before installing. It said it completed, so I restarted for the fun of it all... (and boy isn't this a joy :thumbsup: )

I am still where I started, only I have done this several times now. I was reading in the forums of other people having similar problems, and I checked my firewall settings and all that... no settings have been messed with. I have run anti-virus and spyware scans... found nothing. I was watching videos yesterday so I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. Any help would surely be appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Honk if you voted for Bush... It's the big button in the middle of your steering wheel.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

So you say you cannot view videos anywhere? What about sites that use wmv or real? Only flash?

Sometimes the uninstaller works, but I have had cases where it was actual Registry permissions that needed to be changed in order for the Flash player installer to work properly. It really could be a number of things.

I would suggest first trying the uninstaller again, except erase all tracks of the player using a cleaner tool like ATF cleaner and ccleaner to clean the registry and all other temp directories, check in your AppData folders for remnants of Flash player.

That is only Step 1. Sometimes Flash can be a real pain if you have registry issues.

#3 megsypu

megsypu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

It is flash that is not working...

And I used CCleaner to get rid of the excess garbage that lingers when you dump programs. I am extremely tired and my brain is ready to explode, so I will hop back onto the forums here tomorrow morning. Thank you for your response!

Massive Edit.....

So, I feel incredibly stupid... I fixed it. :thumbsup:

After searching for 2 1/2 hours on the Adobe website, I came across a page that told me that the newest version of Flash player doesn't work if you have pop-up/ad blockers. So, I went into my Firewall and turned all of it off and it works now. Thanks again to those who tried! :flowers:

Edited by megsypu, 09 January 2009 - 07:52 AM.

Honk if you voted for Bush... It's the big button in the middle of your steering wheel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users