Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flash drive wont allow me to 'explore'

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

i popped in a flash drive because i have to get some anti malware software on my wifes laptop. what ever it is on her laptop wont let me download any updated anti virus stuff nor will it allow me to download any new anti virus software...

i cant access this site using her computer because what ever she has blocks all attempt to fix it...

i tried to run the laptop in safemode but i couldnt run the set up on the anti malware software i had gotten downloaded...

so anyway, i plugged in TWO of my flash and AVG found an issue right away. i was able to click "heal" and it said the issue was healed. it was some sort of trojan...

now when i try to 'start' 'open' 'G:/' it asks me what program i want to use to open it. ive never had that happen before. did i do something when i fixed the virus issue on it? can i repair the thing so it works properly?

thanks

Edited by ltdave, 08 January 2009 - 09:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users