Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

want to know about c++ and java

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dinesh4260

dinesh4260

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

hi guys......... i want to learn programming in c++ and java.so tell what should i download(what compiler,editer)any free links,or i have buy it .

tell me what else should i have to create and run c++ and java programs.and any files to learn basics in both.

any help appreciated........
HELPING OTHERS IS A GREAT JOB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Netbeans, Eclipse, Bloodshed, Visual Studio Express

All free.

#3 power2thepeople

power2thepeople

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

I would recommend starting with Java and using Eclipse instead of Netbeans to start out because Eclipse does not have a lot of extra features. Learning Java from a more basic editor will help you understand the fundamentals of writing a program.

As for tutorials on Java I would use Sun's Java tutorials at http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/. Start at the vary begging/basics of the tutorial and work your way up. "Good things come in time"

#4 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

hi guys thanks for repliying :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: iam happy that you guys helping me out.. :)

i tried to download eclipse.But in that it has many different downloads like(Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers,Eclipse IDE for Java Developers,Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers...........)tell me what should i download...or please provide me a link.
any what about c++........i also need to learn that too.so if you tell me what should i download to learn c++,i will be happy.

any provide any tutorial for c++ also.

thanks for your help guys :thumbsup:

Edited by dinesh4260, 09 January 2009 - 10:39 AM.

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

You should probably just stick with one language or the other, or you are just going to confuse yourself.

Eclipse IDE will be just fine.

There are tutorials all over the net.

#6 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

thanks for your information guys............. :thumbsup:

do i have to download jdk or anything else............or can i continue with eclipse...........

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I am not sure how it is with eclipse since I use Netbeans. It should tell you whether or not the JDK is included with the download or not.

#8 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

hi groovicus sorry for late reply...............

i want to know one thing ,if i install eclipse will it run continuosly in background and eatup my ram space.

and next thing is that in my school days to run java you need only jdk not anything else ,but what is this eclipse allthat........please tell me i also want to know the basics.

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

If you learned in school to do java programming simply by using the JDK, then why are you asking what you need to download in order to use it? :thumbsup:

#10 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

hi groovicus, :thumbsup:

i only learned simple programs in java and that too i dont't remember.And there we will have theorytical classes only ,so i don't actually what to download..............

and i want to learn more about basics of java,because iam a final year electrical engineer i want to know these things inorder to get good job.

is there any files that you can provisde me the link to understand basics of java where it is used ,why is java being used specifically and what advantages we get........................since i can learn programming easily through some basics files i want know these things.

Edited by dinesh4260, 11 January 2009 - 12:28 PM.

#11 haun

haun

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

Have you tried googling a tutorial?

Or you could get any number of books
Annnnd you're, asking, me...

#12 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

hi haun........ thanks for repliying..... :thumbsup:

i downloaded many tutorials ,but they contain details of how to create java program ,how to compile it,run it .....etc.

but what i wanted was should contain application oriented,that how java can used........and why we choose java rather than other langauge...............all that stuffs..........i needed something which will help me in interviews.........and help me to clear apptitudes............

do you got my point.......please help me if you know some stuff like that.........

#13 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:49 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)

There. You could have done that yourself 2 days ago and had the answer. :thumbsup:

#14 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

thanks guys for your help.....................and groovicus :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: great help man.............

i started doing programs in java.........if i had any doubt i will post here...hope you reply...........

any thanks for your help :inlove: :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users