Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver help :]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 U R Insan3

U R Insan3

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hello, my laptop BSOD and long story short, just got done reinstalling win xp mce verson 2002 sp2

I'm running a Dell inspiron e1505
intel core 2 cpu
t5500 @ 1.66GHz
980 MHz, 1.00 GB RAM

Just got that out of the system properities. Anyways, the drivers that are missing are stated as:

"Base System Device" (3 of those)
Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I believe this is the link for the model computer I have and it's drivers, but not entirely sure. And even at that point I'm not sure which ones I need. http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :]
-TJB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

You need the Audio Driver (1), The Bios Driver (1), Cd/DVD (1), Chipset (2), Communication (2) Network (5), And lastly the Video driver (1). The number in parenthesis is the number of files in each category you need to download. So in other words All of the files in each category that I selected. You can download any of the other files listed there optional but not necessary, they won't do any harm if you do or don't download them.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 08 January 2009 - 05:14 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 U R Insan3

U R Insan3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Thank you very much! Hope you don't mind popping back on this thread every now and then while I'm doing this. I've only installed one driver before and that was for my DVD burner on this computer. Needed an update so I could burn the ISO my brother sent me for my old XP disk which I used for installing xp on the laptop we're talking about haha. But anyways, that update was simple and it practically did it for me, after opening it I just selected the drive and hit "Flash." Will that be the same for these?

Edit: So far so good. Everything seems to be self explanatory. Only have a few left and just finished flashing the BIOS. Was quite out of date apparently, went from A09 to A17 ha.

Edited by U R Insan3, 08 January 2009 - 06:16 PM.

-TJB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users