Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for good system analyzer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hardwire

hardwire

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

hello everyone. i am a long time reader here at BleepingComputer with this being my first post. i work at a newly opened computer repair shop and have been looking for a good system analyzer to use both as a quick check-in scanner, and post service report.

i was aware of a program called Webroot System Analyzer, which is exactly what i am looking for, but when i contacted Webroot for information on the product they stated that this product is no longer supported. i thought this was quite odd considering i know that Best Buy uses this very program at Geek Squad. i have had to opportunity to use it and i find it to be a perfect application that produces an ideal report that's easy to read and contains most information a customer might deem important.

so my question is if anyone knows a program out there (paid or not) that performs similair to Webroot's System Analyzer. it would be nice if it could do a quick scan on malware, temp folders, security software, windows updates, and disc fragmentation. it would also need to present this information in one easy to interpret report that i could easily print out and give to the customer after say a malware cleaning to help bolster thier confidence in my service.

any help or leads would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

Something like this? http://webrootdisp.net/analyzer/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 hardwire

hardwire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

yes like that...however when you actually try to run that, it errors out.

so i am looking for something very similar to what that system analyzer does. the page you provided was the first thing i ran into and tried.

i have done some homework before posting here :thumbsup:

#4 Bambo

Bambo

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

You mean WinAudit and/or SIW Both close to fantastic. You will have to test what info is necessary and have it present itself best possible. Last I tried WinAudit pdf-output was like 30mb or like strangely fat. Many options so test away.

If you feel better paying up or want more technical details check out Everest

If not feeling good about paying check PC Wizzard as supplement to hardware section. From same site you might also find CPU-Z and HWmonitor interesting. Like showing memory modules are correctly set up. These tools are updated often to maintain compatibililty and right IDs for new hardware, so should be useful.

Dont know Webroot's System Analyzer but doubt very much there is lack of info from listed tools, more like the opposite :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users