Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

very fast Scanner

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hi All,

In our office the accountants does a lot of scanning like 50pages a day on the printer HP2840 and this one is not so user friendly and not so fast in doing the job. So can you guys suggest me in getting the fastest scanning like with the autoload.

Thanks,
Sreez

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

I would have to recommend a Networked Photo copier. We have one at work that has an auto sheet feeder etc.. Ours is made by Xerox. Their document centers come highly recommended by business types. There pretty expensive and a bit out of my expertise though.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 15 January 2009 - 03:30 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

As sneakycyber say, you're going to have to look at higher end scanners and better ocx software than what usually comes bundled with the machine. My wife scans 500 to 1000 a day. It took her a feww weeks to get it set up correctly
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

Ours is made by Zerox. Their document centers come highly recommended by business types. There pretty expensive and a bit out of my expertise though.

These are very good but as you said they are very expensive, I dont think my management will agree with that.

scans 500 to 1000 a day. It took her a feww weeks to get it set up correctly

Yes they are looking for that does the around 500-1000 a day in fast like 50-60 in 30minutes or something So mate can you tell me what is the other option I have.

Thanks for input.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

One option---Multiple less expensive printers

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

I'll ask my wife the make/model of what they use, but I still say 500 to a 1000 is going to cost
What is their budget?
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

Sorry for delay in replying mate. Previous I gave them the following products

http://www.dabs4work.com/productview.aspx?...954781,47740000 powerful scanner

http://www.dabs4work.com/productview.aspx?...954781,47740000 ---- Best scanner at a reasonable price.

they didnt come back to me yet. But let me know about make/model of the one which is used at your wifes.

Thanks.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

She forgot to look
I don't know what I'm going to do with that women :huh:
You would think after 30 years I would automatically email a reminder to her. Knowing how she is :thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

The one she uses is definitely out of their budget range
Xerox documate 272

http://www.ipaperlessoffice.com/xedoscdo27...CFRJdxwod-SsImg

$835.00 US
569.31 pounds
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users