Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stubburn Vundo and others (i think)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jvollstedt

jvollstedt

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

The following is a list of problems that have came up on Norton and thought to be resolved:

Downloader.MisleadApp
Downloader.Trojan
TrojanHorse
Trojan.Adclicker
Trojan.Adclicker
Trojan.FakeAvAlert
Trojan.FakeAvAlert
Trojan.Vundo
Trojan.Vundo
Trojan.Vundo

Norton said it blocked Backdoor.Tidservlinf but I don't know if that's true.

Yesterday ran Mbam and other malware programs and thought the computer was clean.

This might be nothing, but... the "Critical Stop" sound plays for no reason

Norton scans every night, this morning Norton Security alert trojan.Vundo will be removed on restart appeared. Restarted and tried to run ATF Cleaner and SuperAntiSpyware and now the computer is completely unresponsive.

Restarted in safe mode with networking so that I could retrieve the DDS file from the network drive.

Attached are those logs:

Thank you for the help!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jvollstedt

jvollstedt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

Whatever it is it keeps coming back. My user profile has now been changed and the my documents files duplicated. This is on a 10 year old computer so I just bought a new tower. Since I don't know how it got infected, I hope that I can keep the one on the network and the new one clean. I don't think I will be using Norton anymore. Will do research on which antivirus to use. Thanks you can close the thread.

#3 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

Thank you for notify us.. I will now close this topic.. Please pm any Moderator or HJT Team should you need to re-open this topic..

Regards
fenzodahl512

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users