Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless adapter hangs on acuiring IP Address form router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ljroxark

ljroxark

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

HI all-

Have a broadcom wirleless network adapter, will recognize linksys router at office but hangs on acquiring address at home. Have same router @ home as office, same modem from DSL company.

Any hints?? Must be in the autentication portion -- I think, but dont know how to find and change it to _ no security desired_or whatever will just let me on w/o anything. At one point was even on a nearby wireless network that also has no security. Do have connection w/ Ethernet plugged directly into laptop from DSL modem.

So problem is either Router or adapter--settings on them I think.

Please help.

****Note--this site has helped me a great deal before i was ever in need of posting ---thank you all****

LJRoxArk

Wireless adapter hangs on acuiring IP Address form router.
Gateway Laptop MX6441
AMD Turion Mobile 64
1.79 Ghz, 448MB ram

Network Adapter:
Broadcom 802.11g internal
Driver: 3.100.64.1 2/10/05

Router :
Linksys 2.4 .. wireless g

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users