Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics tablet, duel monitors... & 19"+ non-widescreen monitors?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HAJiME

HAJiME

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

I bought a wacom intuos 3 graphics tablet and started doing a lot of digital painting. I soon realised that there just isn't enough space on my pathetic 17" monitor to, for example, have all the toolbars I need open in photoshop along with my painting and possibly a couple of reference pictures.

So, I thought I'd get a larger monitor. But then I realised that monitors above 19" don't seem to exist non-widescreen.

So then I had a problem. If I get a widescreen, I loose a section off the bottom of my tablet.

SO,

I thought about perhaps getting duel screens... and using one for reference pics and the like and one to paint. But, I can't seem to find out anywhere how a tablet responds to duel screen. Ideally, I'd want to set it to only operate on one, whilst I used a normal mouse to interact between the two.

Can someone confirm that it's possible to do this or make a better suggestion. Perhaps someone knows where I can get a non-widescreen monitor above 19"... I used to have a 30" non widescreen, but that broke. Would love to have another one if only they made them. Ihatewidescreen.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HAJiME

HAJiME
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

Okay I've had the tablet question answered on another site. You can restrict it to only one monitor on a duel setup.

Still like to know about uk retailers that sell 19"+ standard monitors, though.

#3 Konstantin

Konstantin

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

You can get two 19'' widescreens and turn them 90 degrees :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users