Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall Settings or IE 6 settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CTE

CTE

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:15 AM

This is strange to me. On a site I visit several times daily I am now having problems whereas before I had none. This particular site is a do it your self home repair site & is a clean site ran by a reputable business. One portion of the site is a discussion forum like this one is. Three (3) days ago, 05/17/05, the site converted over to a new formatted / type of forum. After numerous attempts to register & log in as an authorized user & multiple emails between the company owner/myself I was able to register, login and post a test posting on their new forum. What I had to do was go offline, shutdown all of my security software including ZA Pro, activate the Windows XP firewall and go back online to the site and register etc. Then I re-activated ZA Pro, shut off the Windows firewall and tried to re-enter the site forum once again with the result being denied entry. The problem apparently is with in the settings for ZA Pro or with the IE 6.0 settings. No other portion of the site gives me any problems nor does any other site I visit. What is causing this and how can I correct the cause. Thank you.

Winddows XP SP2 Home
ZA Pro
AVG 7.0
AdAware SE Personal
MS Antispyware Beta
CWShredded
ie-spyad
ERUNT / NTREGOPT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 terabyte

terabyte

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

I have Zone Alarm Pro and have experienced similar problems. Open up the ZA pro console, click on "Alerts & Logs", then click the "High" radio button in the box titled"Alert Events Shown". Then try to access the site. If you see a bunch of Privacy Alert messages from ZA then you need to customize the privacy settings for that site. Be sure to reset the "Alerts & Logs" back to medium or low when you are done.

#3 CTE

CTE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

I have no idea why or how but the challenge repaired itself and now I can use that particular forum once again. I did as you suggested and re-set the alert level to medium afterwards. Things are working ok so far. Thank you for your reply. CTE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users