Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Recovery does it make anuther copy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

I recently had to do a non-destructive recovery on A HP 304w
There are a few things I have noticed many apps when I click on them windows has to search for, like as if they aren't where they belong. Also my HD used space has almost doubled. So did it just make anuther copy of my OS on the partition instead of repairing the original OS?

How can I reset the desk top short cuts to go directly to the new locations?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

Its very possible that it installed windows into another directory on the partition. If you right click on the shortcuts/icons and go into properties you can see if you can find where the programs reside and change the target to that program

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users