Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AgentBypass.gen Infection on Vista Ultimate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeterMax

PeterMax

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:59 AM

Hello. I have a Trojan hiding in my system, and can't remove it without some expert help.

I have run both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware free, to no avail. Previously had run Windows Defender, AdAware, Spybot and AVG 8, all updated, also to no effect. Windows Defender keeps reporting the infection on each reboot.

I have now run HiJackThis and DDS, and attach their logs. Would sincerely appreciate some help!

Attached File  hijackthis.log   7.18KB   27 downloads

Attached File  DDS.txt   11.98KB   25 downloads

Cheers, PeterMax

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PeterMax

PeterMax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

:thumbsup: PROBLEM SOLVED - SO FAR, ANYWAY! Via System Configuration/Startup tab, I disabled most of the non-basic startup items, and found that Win Defender no longer reported an infection. Scanned again, confirmed. Added startup items back in, one at a time, and soon found the culprit. In this case, it was an item named Free Uploader Oe Integration, started by fumoei.exe within FUM folder in Free Download Manager. It was the only item to trigger the WinDef alert.

I have uninstalled Free Download Manager, disabled this Startup Item, enabled all others, and now get a normal boot with no alerts.

If my problem returns, I'll post again, but with luck have gotten rid of that Trojan. Hope this helps anyone with same problem.

PeterMax.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for informing us what you have done.

Should you find other problems please start a new topic.

Good luck.

This thread is closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users