Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

crazy mouse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 weizman

weizman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:56 AM

Hi, I'm having problems with my mouse. At totally random points in time my cursor starts moving by it self and clicking and dragging icons etc. It's quite a funny thing to see actually. First I was afraid of a Trojan or Hijack attempt but I used spywareblaster, spybot search and destroy and ad-aware and I don't seem to have any virus or trojan.
I have a logitch optical mouse so I went to the logitech-site and they tell me to update a program called setpoint. I did install it but it doesn't help. I have no idea what this program does anyway!?
My mouse is clean, there is no dust and i'm using wood as surface, this has always worked fine.

Does anybody have an idea what I can do against this?

tx,

weizman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 motherboard

motherboard

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:44 AM

Do you have Vnc or anything like that on there

#3 drymobius

drymobius

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:54 AM

weizman,
Have you tried disconnecting your mouse, then going to Device Manager and removing and reinstalling the drivers? You mentioned it has always worked before - with this mouse? Have you tried placing a piece of white copy paper under the mouse to see if the reflectivity is causing it to go erratic (optical sensor is red); e.g., did you recently polish your wood table top? If you can try another mouse, does the erratic movement/clicking happen? When you ran your spyware programs, did you run them in Safe Mode?
drymobius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users