Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help fixing website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Does anyone have any idea what does all this suppose to mean and how am I suppose to fix it? I go to that file and it's a .php which I have no idea what to do with.

Any tips on how to edit .js and .php files? I press edit and all I see are mumble jumble symbols...Please help because I really only know up to html.

The file /home/virtual/site203/fst/var/www/html/cashreferrals/index.php is corrupted. Ensure that you use binary mode when transferring files with FTP and disable the 'TAR smart cr/lf feature' if using WinZIP

Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

First of all, what are you doing when you get that error message? How are you uploading files? Do you have a file to upload that is not corrupted?

#3 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

When you go to the index page, it says that error message. The site owner did go to that file to make an edit but it was working fine for a little while before it crashed. I am guessing he didn't use the FTP to upload the file but uploaded it to the directory directly so maybe that's is why, do you think so? I am seeing if he has a back up file or maybe one of the previous programmers do so we'll see.
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Something about the way the file was uploaded or altered is clearly causing an issue. If the file worked fine for a little bit, it was only because there was still a cached version on the server. It is sort of hard to say what the exact issue is, because it could be any number of things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users