Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TV Tuner card problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 teabie

teabie

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie with TV Tuners and streaming stuffs, so I don't really know how to start explaining my predicament.

I own an Acer Aspire L3600, which comes with a TV Tuner. My operating system is Vista Home Premium, 32-bit. Here are the details of the tuner.

Posted Image

It says it's working properly.

I used to be able to receive FM stations, but I think after updating the driver, it ceased to be recognised by Windows Media Center.

Posted Image

As you can see, I even had the presets when it was working, but now I get this error message.

From the start, I've never been successful in receiving local channels. I'm located in Melbourne, AU. I don't know if I'm setting things up correctly.

There are 2 outputs on my CPU - one plugged with an FM receiver, the other with a Sansai VHF + UHF TV Indoor Antenna. I've tried scanning for channels with ALL the possible antenna options. Do I need to buy something else?

As you can tell, I'm a real newbie when it comes to this and the setting up, so if anyone can shed some light on this, I'll be really grateful for your time and advice.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

"No manual" seems to be a primary complaint about this system.

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/por...id=3394#results

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/por...id=3425#results

I hope that you are running Vista, since those are the only drivers for that tuner 1st link) :flowers:.

I would try new drivers and I would also look over any documentation on that tuner (2d link).

Louis

#3 teabie

teabie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Thanks hamluis!

Yep, I run Vista 32bit on my system. I'll check those links out, and cross my fingers!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

Easily done, let us know how it goes :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 teabie

teabie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Hi hamluis,

I updated the tuner card by running the wizard, and selecting the driver folders after I unzipped them. It says my card's driver is updated. Nothing's changed though, and my tuner card is still 'unrecognised'. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Edited by teabie, 13 January 2009 - 08:07 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Did you remove the old drivers first? You need to do that because they may be corrupt and impair any attempt to replace them.

I have TV tuner cards, but mine install in video or PCI slots. And I have documentation on how to set each one up that is easy to understand and follow.

But...remove the old drivers, check your manual for setting this up...and then install appropriate drivers. That's the best I can tell you from here :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users