Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Can Not Load The Locally Stored Profile

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mustardgas

mustardgas

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

Just before I left for work, I shut my computer off before I realized I forgot to do something, and when I turned my computer back on I got the following messages:

"Windows can not load the locally stored profile. Possible causes for this include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator."

"Windows can not find local profile and is logging on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off."

So after work, I come home and read that I should make a new profile with admin rights. Which I've done.

I then read that I should try and copy the original profile to the new admin profile so everything will be back to normal, but when copying the profile I got this message:

"Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

After researching what that was about, I believe there's something corrupted with my registry?

I still have access to everything, but would like the profile (or another profile) back to the way my original one was.
Is there a way I can do this? System restore has never worked for me and yet again for this it fails, so that's out of the picture. Is there a program I can run on the new admin profile to check and repair the registry files on the original profile? Am I doing anything wrong, or am I on the right tracks here? Any help would be appreciated.

I probably left out some detail.. Im kinda pissed right now and was in a rush to type this, so if you need to know any details, just ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mustardgas

mustardgas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

I've just tried the DialAFix from this page:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1073555

When I log onto windows with my original profile, I no longer get the window popping up, instead it just automatically logs me on to a temp profile.

#3 mustardgas

mustardgas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

If the error message is not coming up anymore, I was thinking, maybe the problem is fixed.. now the only problem I have is this:

Posted Image

Is there any way to delete the highlighted temp profile, or make the backup one above it Local?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

Can you access your normal profile?

The CRC error refers to problems with the file system on your hard drive (or to a problem with your hard drive).
I'd suggest running the Check Disk on your hard drive first.

To do this, go to Start...My Computer.
Then right click on your hard drive and select Properties
In the Properties window, select the Tools tab, then select the Error Checking Check Now button.
Check both boxes in the next window and select "Start"
The system may tell you that it has to restart to do this, select OK and reboot the computer.
A light blue screen will come up and run the check - let if finish (it takes a long, long time).
When it's done it'll boot into Windows.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users