Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel printing cell contents into overlapping cells

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simonbrowne404

simonbrowne404

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Ok so here is my problem: In excel 2003 i have a nice little spreadsheet. On screen and in the print preview everything looks perfect. But when i print it out, the numbers in the cells are overlapping across the grid lines. it doesnt look pretty and its not really very professional either. Does anyone have any ideas? if you need any more info let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

Does it happen with every font?
Are you using the TrueType fonts - indicated by TT when you select a font on the screen?
Perhaps something in the Print Setup would help?
When you do Print Preview, try the Options button, at which point some print properties of the printer might get connected correctly.

That said, I have no such problem with 2003, but in 2000 almost every font was failing with the exception of one which I don't recall. It was at work for different HP printers.

#3 simonbrowne404

simonbrowne404
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the reply... yes it happens with all fonts. the main font is arial but i've tried other TT fonts and they have the same issue.
I tried your other suggestions and i'm still having the same problem..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users