Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please Computer won't start up!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Latinqueen57

Latinqueen57

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

Hey Everyone, I'm having trouble getting my computer to start up everytime I try to turn it on a black screen that says this will pop up:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous starup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or REset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent setting that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
Seconds until windows starts: 0

Iv'e tried starting it up with all five options and none seem to let me get in!
Everytime I pick and option it seems like its going to start up but then another black screen pops up with a little white line at the top blinking and then goes back to the five choices. Can anyone please help me!?!! I would really appreciate it!! Thanks!

Edited by Latinqueen57, 07 January 2009 - 09:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 turbotim77

turbotim77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

This is exactly what my problem is. Please help and thank you..

#3 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

Have you made any recent changes to it, including hardware, software, etc?

#4 Latinqueen57

Latinqueen57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

No..but recently my sister loaded SIMs, the game couldn't have caused all these problems could it?

Edited by Latinqueen57, 08 January 2009 - 08:43 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

Take a look: Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users