Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003's Archives.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 10rand

10rand

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:38 AM

How do I get files that have been archived in Outlook? When I go to [C:\Document & Settings\Self\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook], there are these two files: 'Archive.pst' and 'Outlook.pst', which I am not able to open so I can see the documents that I want. I'm given a choice of applications to open them with, which do not open them. And when I click on the choice to go online to get the relevent application, on that site I'm just told that it is an Outlook archive[.pst] that I want to open with no help on how to open it. Help. Thank you. :thumbsup:
"The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from the one who does."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:59 AM

Open Outlook 2003 in the usual way and click on FILE (top left of menu bar) then

OPEN, OUTLOOK DATA FILE, Two file should appear in the dialogue box, one called Archive. Double click on it and ARCHIVE FOLDERS should appear at the bottom of your MAIL FOLDERS list. Click the plus (+) sign beside it and a list of all you archived folders should appear.
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

To open a data file containing your archive items, follow these steps:

Open Outlook.

1. Choose File --> Open --> Outlook Data File.

The Open Outlook Data File dialog box appears.

2. Type the name of the file you want to open in the File Name box.
(or double click on the folder to open it.)

The name you enter appears in the File Name box.

3. Click OK.

The name of the data file you opened appears in the Folder Banner On Outlook
in large letters. Your Folder List also appears, showing two sets of folders: Normal and Archive.

More info available here at Outlook for Dummies ((no offense intended))

or here at Kellogg Information Systems

HTH
regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users