Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Stop Roxio CinePlayer Installer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

Hi,

Every time I play a media file or access one of my external hard drives, I get a message saying "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio CinePlayer" and then "The feature you're trying to use is on a removable disc or CD-ROM that is not available". I've tried inserting the disc and installing Roxio CinePlayer which worked but the message still appears. If I try and cancel another box just appears. If I Ctrl+Alt+Del and force it to close than either Explorer or Windows Media Player closes as well. I'm using Windows XP Pro.

Please can someone tell me how to stop this from happening as it slows my computer down quite a bit apart from anything else.

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:34 AM

Now it's started popping up between every mp3 track I play and every few minutes whilst I'm wating a video in Windows Media Player. Has anyone got any idea how to stop this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users