Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eager to burn

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BSAC

BSAC

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

First off, let me say I am running XP SP2 Home Edition with 512MB RAM w/Pentium M (Dell 8600). I have a dual layer burner. I have used the trial version of Alcohol 120% to reside a bible program into a virtual drive on my hard drive and liked that feature - though the trial was over a long time ago.

I know that A 120% can decode, burn, create images et cetera. With DVD Shrink, one could burn an image from a DL to a SL DVD.

I also know that DVD Fab (Platinum, Express or Gold) will do similar things, except the creating of a virtual drive. A friend of mine says that he uses DVD Fab for his burning needs. He likes to be able to take a DL DVD and put onto two SL DVDs, capturing menus on both discs (but with a DL drive, that won't be a problem here).

I am also interested in video capture from our DVR. I have spied a product I like (ADS Express). Can DVD Fab take care of burning images created by another program?

Does anyone have an opinion of which product to go with and why?

Kevin

Edited by BSAC, 20 May 2005 - 11:58 PM.

Be Strong And Courageous!

Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

I have never used DVD Fab, but as you say DVD shrink does allow you to take a DL and put it on a SL by compressing the video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users