Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AdBlock Plus for F.Fox 3.0.5 is suddenly blocking everything!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

Yesterday my F.F. 3.0.5 crashed. When I restarted, the browser window opened like normal but there was no content in the window.
It was as if everything was being blocked. It was!! I disabled AdBlock Plus & the Content showed back up. The problem of course
was so did all the crappy “Ads” & junk that I want blocked. It had been working perfectly for years. I looked through a bunch of forums
& tried a lot of tricks with no answers. I have already:
-Rebooted PC 4 times
-Uninstalled F.F. 3.0.5 then reinstalled 3 times
-I “unchecked” Rick752 EasyList several times. It brings the content back along with all the adds!
-I’ve updated the subscriptions.
-I’ve removed custom filters.
-I middle click the “ABP stop sign” It turns Red & all the content disappears. I turn it Grey it reappears.

So I do not know what else to do. I could use some help. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling AdBlock Plus?

#3 Gstick

Gstick

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

Try re-subscribing to Easylist?

"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."

#4 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

Uninstalling Adblock Plus

Adblock Plus is uninstalled like every other extension as well. Go to menu Tools / Add-ons, select Adblock Plus in the list and click the “Uninstall” button. MozillaZine Knowledge Base has more detailed instructions.

Note that Adblock Plus preferences are not removed when the extension is uninstalled. If you reinstall Adblock Plus later your configuration will be available again. If you want a clean start with Adblock Plus you should remove the directory “adblockplus” in your user profile (profile folder location for different applications and operating systems). Also, you should go to about:config and reset all preferences starting with “extensions.adblockplus” (to reset right-click a preference and choose Reset from the context menu).

above excerpted from http://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started#subscription

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users