Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tune-Up Utilities 2009

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rfearo

rfearo

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:52 AM

Hello All

Looking for some input on a utility called Tune-Up Utilities 2009 and 1-Click Tune-Up. I recently was infected by a number of nasty viruses and I believe I have finally cleaned up my computer. However, as result a lot of settings were changed etc. I found out about this utility and got the free version and am hesitant about using it. I like the fact that it is basically a fire and forget application that makes changes for me after a scan, as I am not that saavy when it comes to some of the more intricate settings of my system. However, when i runs a scan and finds problems I am hesitant about letting it make whatever changes it wants to, especially in the registry. I guess my question is: should I trust that whatever changes this utility wants to make are needed and beneficial.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

I've been using Tune-Up Utilities for several years and have had no problems with it. It hasn't adversely affected my computer in any way.
This is one of my "must have" programs.

#3 rfearo

rfearo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Good to know. Thanks for the reassurance.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

IF you decide to purchase the program, wait until the 30 day trial is almost over.
You may get an email offering a discount to purchase.

#5 rfearo

rfearo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

Good to know. I think this might be a good investment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users