Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 janouelle

janouelle

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

hi to all
I've got a qx6850 extreme CPU from Intel
I've got the "sensors view" to watch the CPU temperature and as i can see it it's always 60-63 degree Celsius at idle while playing games it's 70 and when playing brothers in arms hell's highway it's 72 and i can hear the CPU fan speeding up trying to cool down the processor anyway i checked the temperature of the CPU as well in the bios and it's 25 degree Celsius such a big difference i think the first temperature is the right one and if it is is that safe temperature if not what I'm supposed to do in the bios i disabled the fan control speed and as soon i pressed yes to apply the change i could hear the fan speeding it's too loud and windows load up i checked the temperature it was 56 and the fan speed is like 4000 rpm i went back to bios to set the default settings but b4 i do it i checked the CPU temp in the bios and it was 33 :thumbsup: so in the bios with default settings the CPU temp is 25 with speeding the fan it's 33 :flowers: dats funny but with sensors view with default settings(fan speed 1000 Rpm) it's 60 idle with speeding up the fan (4000 rpm ) its 56 !!!! what do u guys should i change the CPU fan it's only 6 month old should i take back to Intel for replacements

Edited by janouelle, 07 January 2009 - 03:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:43 AM

You might be able to get a better fan. The usual CPU temperature is 50 degrees Celsius, on average. This average measurement is for computers running in normal mode and browsing one to four applications. For gaming, however, the average measurement is 60-80 degrees Celsius. If you start getting higher than 75 degrees Celsius, you should consider getting a better fan/heatsink. Get a gaming style heatsink. They do cost 1/4 more than normal heatsinks, but they are worth it at your level. :thumbsup:

#3 janouelle

janouelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:42 AM

Jay-P VIP 10x for ur reply mate :thumbsup: but could u help me with a name of a perfect fan/heatsink

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:30 AM

Not sure of any one right off. I would suggest looking in your manufacturers catalog, either online or print. Either that or get a gaming magazine, which are sold in stores, and look inside of it. You are bound to find some serious good gear.

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

if you get bsod and errors then yer your cpu is getting very hot
but some people say its ok if its around 60-70

#6 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you may be violating your CPU's warranty if you don't use their specified heatsink (at least, that was the case with my AMD processor).

So it's saying 25 C in the bios, but 60 with Sensors view?

#7 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you may be violating your CPU's warranty if you don't use their specified heatsink (at least, that was the case with my AMD processor).

So it's saying 25 C in the bios, but 60 with Sensors view?

With respect to this opinion, which is understandable...I will add on to it to say that heatsinks will not fit ANYWAY if not used with the correct processor.

I recommend with this situation is to contact your manufacturer and ask them if you are allowed to use the correct heatsink and install it. It will be allowable and they will give you instruction to install it, if they allow it. Depending on if it is a trusted model or not, it will be their approval.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

Well...the CPU warranty is probably something none of us have ever worried about. How long is that warranty, by the way?

Out of all the possible components that can go wrong on a system...I've not seen any report of a CPU failure that was not really user-inflicted (including my own). I know that I live in a small world, but...

I'd be more concerned about obtaining proper cooling for the system and not concerned at all about voiding a CPU warranty. That CPU will probably be voluntarily upgraded/replaced by the owner/user...before a warranty consideration arises.

Just opinion :thumbsup:.

Louis

#9 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Well...the CPU warranty is probably something none of us have ever worried about. How long is that warranty, by the way?

Out of all the possible components that can go wrong on a system...I've not seen any report of a CPU failure that was not really user-inflicted (including my own). I know that I live in a small world, but...

I'd be more concerned about obtaining proper cooling for the system and not concerned at all about voiding a CPU warranty. That CPU will probably be voluntarily upgraded/replaced by the owner/user...before a warranty consideration arises.

Just opinion :thumbsup:.

Louis

lol ya that's just me...im more worried about warranties and stuff...but again that's just me ;)

#10 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Also some manufacturers will allow you to open the case, some will not. Make sure you read the requirements in your warranty manual if you are concerned about your warranty.

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Over the last 2 years I've only seen one CPU that was definitely dead. Motherboards usually will fry before the CPU - but all bets are off when overclocking.

Scythe is a good name heatsink, and I just ordered a Vigor cooler for my latest build.
Search google for heatsink reviews and heat sink comparisons.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users