Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP built in Card reader Firmware upgrade.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MickeyG

MickeyG

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hello Bleepingcomputer-ites,
OK, I've searched everywhere and I haven't found a solution so... I bought a new camera that uses the SDHC cards, my older(but still awesome) printer doesn't recognize the SDHC format in it's card reader. The printer is an HP Photosmart 7550. Here is the dilemma, all I need is a firmware upgrade for the HPH11 cardreader that is built into the Photosmart 7550 printer. I am willing to even try something that MIGHT be compatible, if it even exists. Please let me know if anyone can help. I can also tell you that HP has NO idea what I'm talking about, they have asked me to upgrade my driver and that does absolutely nothing.

Thanks,
MickeyG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

It is my understanding that SDHC is not compatible in any way with SD. There is no upgrade
http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1668

Edited by garmanma, 07 January 2009 - 12:19 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 MickeyG

MickeyG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

Mark,
Thanks for the info. I checked the SD site and you are correct. I'm guilty of buying something without reading the fineprint. I had read the whitepapers from when they were going to release the HC cards and looking back, it was dated sometime in 2006. This article was where they mentioned that cardreaders would need a firmware upgrade to read the "new" HC cards. Well, I guess that never came to fruition and I'm stuck with having to print via usb through the PC to the printer. A little slower, but still doable. So much for becoming more efficient! Thanks for your help!

MickeyG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users